Friday, 21 April 2017

National Tea Day | Vegan Tea with T2

national-tea-day-t2

It's National Tea Day today, which
if you're a tea fiend like me, this probably feels like a very normal day, but still it's a good excuse to enjoy a good cuppa (or five!). Since quitting dairy last year and becoming more vegan than vegetarian, finding a milk replacement that didn't obscure the taste has been a challenge. I tend to flip between soy and almond but it's still not quite the same, so the discontent and hunt still rages on.

Luckily, T2 invited me to their Bluewater store last week to have a little explore and a tea masterclass and it was a bit of an eye-opener. Not only is the store super beautiful - honestly I just want to collect tea pots now!, but I was pleasantly surprised to find there's loads of vegan-friendly tea options that don't need milk and actually taste better than my usual cup of builders! I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you and of course a couple of recipes.

national-tea-day-t2

national-tea-day-t2

national-tea-day-t2

Melbourne Breakfast Loose Leaf Tea*
As a fan of a good strong tea I like to go for something quite simple and traditional in the morning. T2 hail from Fitzroy, Melbourne, so this is kind of their signature tea. Like all of T2's teas, the leaves contain natural ingredients, and Melbourne Breakfast is the true definition of a hug in a mug. It's best brewed for five minutes to let the leaves infuse and it has a gorgeous hint of vanilla which is super creamy and delish and totally cancels out any need for milk anyway so it's the perfect tea for me. A great all-rounder.

Beauty Queen*
Not only does this loose leaf tea come in a gorgeous tin, but it also contains some skin-friendly ingredients such as moringa, nettle leaves, green tea, jasmine and liqourice root. It has quite a floral taste which is well complemented by the liqourice root which gives it a tasty twist. This is quite nice when you're trying to ignore the temptation of snacking on something sweet during the day.

Fruitalicious Loose Leaf Tisane*
Well this is rather fancy, and next on my list to pick up as it took me somewhat by surprise. You see, I don't like fruit tea. Well, I didn't use to. They've always tasted a bit to sweet and full of preservatives to me. Fruitalicious is a blend of cranberries, goji berries, blueberries and dragonfruit, apple and kiwi, just to name a few. It's literally made of little pieces of fruit and it's super tasty both hot, and cold which I'll get onto next.

national-tea-day-t2

national-tea-day-t2

national-tea-day-t2

Let's get onto some recipes! Here's a couple of summery drinks that I'm going to be indulging in over the next few months.

Oolong Berry Iced Tea

Ingredients

16 heaped teaspoons of T2 Oolong Berry Loose Leaf Tea*
Boiling water cooled to 90 degrees (just add a little cold water)
Glass jug
Ice cubes
Sliced fruit of your choice (we used apple, lemon and lime)

Method
1. Add the Oolong Berry leaves to the infuser inside the Jug-A-Lot
2. Half fill the Jug-A-Lot with hot water
3. Place the lid on but leave it unscrewed
4. Allow to infuse for 5 minutes
5. Remove infuser and allow tea to cool for 1 hr
6. Add the ice cubes and fruit to a glass jug
7. Pour in the brewed tea and stir

Fizzy Pina Colada

Ingredients
12 heaped teaspoons of Geisha Getaway Loose Leaf Tea*
Boiling water cooled to 80 degrees (just add a little cold water)
Glass jug
Ice cubes
500ml soda water

Method
1. Add the Geisha Getaway leaves to the infuser inside the Jug-A-Lot
2. Half fill the Jug-A-Lot with hot water
3. Place the lid on but leave it unscrewed
4. Allow to infuse for 4 minutes
5. Remove infuser and allow tea to cool for 1 hr
6. Add the ice cubes and soda water to a glass jug
7. Pour in the brewed tea and stir

Will you be trying any of these?

Laura

*This post is in collaboration with T2. All views and tea obsession are totally mine though.

The post National Tea Day | Vegan Friendly Tea with T2 appeared first on Lelore.
Share:
© Lelore | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig